National School Meals Programme
School feeding program implemented in 2005 by the Ministry of Education, Sports, Youth and Gender Affairs, part of the "Plan of Action 2013-2014 for the Zero Hunger Challenge". The program provides daily, Monday through Friday, lunches for students in public primary and secondary schools of the most vulnerable sectors of the country, benefiting between 2,700 and 3,000 students daily.
|Country||Antigua and Barbuda|
Increase student’s learning capacity by providing school lunches.
|Components and/or products||
School feeding: Monday through Friday and from September to July, the program provides a daily school lunch (hot and nutritious, with water) for students. The program prepares lunches in a central kitchen and distributes them from there to schools.
Public school students in primary and secondary from the most vulnerable sectors.
|Geographical coverage||Urbano y rural|
2013: Approximately 3,000 students benefited daily.
Approximate 2013 Budget: XCD$7,000,000 (USD$2,576,470)
|Executing organism||Ministerio de Educación, Ciencia y Tecnologia|
- The right to food in Antigua and Barbuda
- FNS governance scheme and policy articulation in Antigua and Barbuda
- Antigua and Barbuda: Sectoral laws in
- Antigua and Barbuda: List of policies, plans and strategies
- Antigua and Barbuda: Program list
- View programs by classification: