School Feeding Programme
This is the school feeding program in the country implemented by the Ministry of Education. It consists of food delivery to primary and preschools, which seeks to prevent malnutrition among vulnerable students. Priority is given to students from vulnerable families; however any student attending elementary and preschool can be a beneficiary of the program.
|Country||Saint Vincent and the Grenadines|
|Classification||Alimentación escolar, Nutritional Health|
|FNS Dimension||Acceso, Utilización|
|Components and/or products||
The program provides food to vulnerable children who are enrolled in primary or pre-school, of poor or indigent parents. The ration covers 1/3 of the daily requirement.
Initially, the program focuses on students from low socio-economic profile and those who are nutritionally vulnerable. However, any student can enter the program.
|Geographical coverage||Urbano y rural|
|Executing organism||Ministry of Education, National Reconciliation, Ecclesiastical Affairs and Information|
- The right to food in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- FNS governance scheme and policy articulation in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines: Sectoral laws in
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines: List of policies, plans and strategies
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines: Program list
- View programs by classification: