Indigenous Territorial Development Program

About the program

The Indigenous Territorial Development Program of the Institute of Agricultural Development, is preferably executed through municipalities, which the Institute of Agricultural Development transfers resources to them through service delivery contracts. These resources should be allocated towards hiring of technical equipment, providing ongoing technical advice to beneficiary farmers of the program, which should be organized within Operating Units of between 60 to 180 farmers.

Country Chile
Classification Technical Assistance, Financing and credit, Insumos productivos
FNS Dimension Disponibilidad
Website http://www.indap.gob.cl/...
Objectives

The program aims to support small farmers, belonging to indigenous families, communities, associations or interest groups in order to strengthen agriculture, forestry and related activities respecting their worldview and seeking to increase their income and improve their quality of life.

Components and/or products

Technical assistance

This type of incentive can be accessed by all farmers in the program. The Agricultural Development Institute can finance up to 95% of the gross value of the incentive, the remaining 5% is to be financed by the beneficiary. The resources allocated to technical assistance may be used to finance technical equipment, training and training activities; expenses related to Coordination and Monitoring of the Program and general office expenses.

Working capital / Initial Support Fund (FAI)

It is an annual incentive given to all on-farm consumption and subsistence farming, considering the available budget of the Institute of Agricultural Development. Resources can be used for supplies, materials and goods needed for the development of agricultural and forestry activity associated with it. Incentives are for a maximum amount of 4.5UF.

Investments

This incentive can be accessed by farmers belonging to the program, individually or through a partnership. They are intended to co-finance agricultural and forestry economic enterprises and / or associated activities. The Agricultural Development Institute co-finances up to 90% of the gross value of the project. Subsistence farmers can access a maximum of 22UF and farmers producing a surplus for sale and / or development of entrepreneurial skills is 53UF.

Target population

It is aimed for indigenous families, in communities, associations or Interest Groups, which must have at least one member who qualifies as a beneficiary of the Agricultural Development Institute, which will act as its representative in the Program. The program identifies two segments farmers: own consumption and subsistence farmers producing surpluses used for sale and / or development of entrepreneurial skills.

Scope

Nacional

Geographical coverage Rural
Responsible organism

Ministerio de Agricultura

Executing organism Instituto de Desarrollo Agropecuario
Related institutions Corporación Nacional de Desarrollo Indígena
Normative framework

Resolución Exenta N° 173213/16 que aprueba las Normas Técnicas y los Procedimientos Operativos del Programa de Desarrollo Territorial Indígena INDAP-CONADI.

Financial sources

Organismo responsable