Policies, plans and strategies related to FNS with the "Post-production" category
Showing policies, plans and strategies: 1 to 10 of 73.
The FSN Plan aims to guide the implementation of the strategic actions following the policy guidelines of food and nutrition security in the 2009-2015 period; it is part of the actions that the Panamanian government takes to ensure the right to food to vulnerable populations in an effective and sustainable manner. It envisages the establishment of an information system and strengthening the System of Food Surveillance (SIVISAN), which allows monitoring and evaluation of the status of FSN, the progress and impact of strategic plans and programs, as well as the Early Warning System in order to identify current situations of food and nutrition insecurity.
Through the FSN Plan, by 2015 the Panamanian population that lives in a situation of food insecurity and nutrition should obtain access and consume food in sufficient quantity, variety, quality and safety under conditions of health and basic sanitation, in a sustainable manner, in order to achieve human development through the commitment and participation of government, international organizations, unions and society. The target population of the FSN Plan is the part of the population that has higher levels of vulnerability, which is in a situation of food and nutrition insecurity, pregnant women and nursing mothers, children under three years of age and families exposed to chronic malnutrition in priority communities and municipalities.
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
The Plan covers the period 2013-2025 and outlines the long-term national development strategy for the country. It offers a vision to improve the quality of life and focuses on achieving the following objectives:
- High and sustainable levels of economic growth;
- Reduced levels of unemployment and poverty;
- Improving physical infrastructure and environmental sustainability;
- High levels of human and social development;
- A safe and peaceful nation;
- A technologically advanced workforce;
- A deep sense of national pride and cultural revival;
- Regional integration; and
- Improved global solidarity.
It is the National Agriculture Policy of the country, for the period of 2009-2015, with which it seeks to promote economic development, create jobs and improve the viability of rural communities. It is designed to meet seven broad objectives:
- Increase efficiency and competitiveness of agriculture on the island;
- Promote the generation, adaptation and adoption of appropriate and improved technology;
- Expand the productive production and commercial base;
- Rationalize the use of land in the country;
- Improve food security in the country;
- Generate new employment opportunities and income generation in rural areas;
- Protect, conserve and ensure sustainable use of natural resources.
It aims to improve the health and welfare of the inhabitants of the country, especially the most vulnerable, by ensuring food security and nutrition. To accomplish the aforementioned, the following is proposed:
- Facilitate opportunities for sustainable employment generation in order to increase the availability and accessibility of food;
- Promote information systems, education and dissemination, for the use and consumption of healthy foods for better nutrition;
- Promote greater institutional coordination for food security and nutrition.
The document “Conpes Social 113” of March 2008 establishes the National Policy for Food Security and Nutrition (PSAN) and defines as one of the strategies, the need to build and implement a National Plan for Food Security and Nutrition (PNSAN).
The PNSAN is a set of objectives, Objective, strategies and actions proposed by the Colombian State in a framework of shared responsibility with civil society aimed to:
- Protect the population of the contingencies that lead to undesirable and socially unacceptable situations such as hunger and inadequate nutrition;
- Ensure the population's access to quality food in a timely and adequate manner ;
- Achieve integration, articulation and coordination of the different inter-sectoral interventions and between institutions.
The target population for PNSAN is the entire Colombian population; however it emphasizes the most deprived and vulnerable territories and populations, among which are the population living in extreme poverty, displaced by violence and those affected by natural disasters; as well as, children, pregnant women, nursing mothers and the elderly.
El Plan Nacional de Desarrollo 2013 – 2018 proyecta, en síntesis, hacer de México una sociedad de derechos, en donde todos tengan acceso efectivo a los derechos que otorga la Constitución. Traza los grandes objetivos de las políticas públicas y establece las acciones específicas para alcanzarlos. Busca alcanzar un México en Paz, un México Incluyente, un México con Educación de Calidad, un México Próspero y un México con Responsabilidad Global. Impulsa un federalismo articulado, partiendo de la convicción de que la fortaleza de la nación proviene de sus regiones, estados y municipios. Asimismo, promueve transversalmente, en todas las políticas públicas, tres estrategias: Democratizar la Productividad, consolidar un Gobierno Cercano y Moderno, así como incorporar la Perspectiva de Género.
This Program aims to, primarily, increase income and access to social services for families living in extreme poverty. In order to accomplish the aforementioned, differentiated support for families in the agricultural sector and nonagricultural are delivered, and coverage of flagship programs and social services is expanded. The program coordinates the actions of all public institutions that, in coordination, provide simultaneous responses related to the access to food, health, education, drinking water, safe and comfortable housing, and new jobs and better opportunity revenues for the most vulnerable families in Paraguay.
The National Development Plan (PND) is the document that defines the axes and strategic objectives, policy priorities and lines of action for inclusive and sustainable development in Paraguay. In the short term, the PND serves as a reference for the definition of programs and allocation of public resources, while establishing indicators for monitoring of the actions and for the verification of compliance with the Objective set by the Government. In the medium term, the implementation of the PND involves the alignment of strategic objectives with the priorities promoted every five years, with political and institutional mechanisms to take into account and shape the strategic direction of the PND for development by 2030.
It has 3 lines of action:
- Poverty reduction and social development.
- Inclusive economic growth.
- Paraguay’s insertion in to the world.
El Plan Nacional de Seguridad Alimentaria y Nutricional 2011-2015 representa un esfuerzo para desarrollar acciones articuladas en seguridad alimentaria y nutricional. Constituye una herramienta para la conducción de acciones en esta temática y para poder canalizar recursos necesarios en la implementación del mismo. El propósito del Plan es operativizar la Política Nacional de Seguridad Alimentaria y Nutricional 2011-2021.
View policies, plans and strategies by category
- Adaptación y mitigación al cambio climático
- Alimentación escolar
- Technical Assistance
- Food Aid
- Food Aid
- Capital físico predial
- Domestic trade
- Compras públicas
- Production conditions
- Sanitary conditions
- Development of production chains
- Desarrollo de exportaciones
- Emergencies and natural resources
- Extension and information on nutrition
- Financing and credit
- Productive infrastructure
- Infraestructura sanitaria
- Insumos productivos
- Investigación y tecnología
- Manejo y conservación de recursos naturales
- Medidas de emergencia
- Labor market and wages
- Políticas sobre tierras
- Regulación sanitaria
- Nutritional Health
- Health and nutrition
- Cash transfers