Food and Nutrition Security Strategy for Guyana 2010 - 2020
It aims to improve the health and welfare of the inhabitants of the country, especially the most vulnerable, by ensuring food security and nutrition. To accomplish the aforementioned, the following is proposed:
- Facilitate opportunities for sustainable employment generation in order to increase the availability and accessibility of food;
- Promote information systems, education and dissemination, for the use and consumption of healthy foods for better nutrition;
- Promote greater institutional coordination for food security and nutrition.
|Classification||Production conditions, Production, Post-production, Income, Health and nutrition, Emergencies and natural resources|
|Date||2010 - 2020|
Improve health and the well-being of all people living in Guyana by improving food security and nutrition.
Specific objectives and axes
General population, with emphasis on the most vulnerable groups.
- The right to food in Guyana
- FNS governance scheme and policy articulation in Guyana
- Guyana: Sectoral laws in
- Guyana: List of policies, plans and strategies
- Guyana: Program list
- View policies, plans and strategies by category: