National Agricultural Policy 2009 – 2015
It is the National Agriculture Policy of the country, for the period of 2009-2015, with which it seeks to promote economic development, create jobs and improve the viability of rural communities. It is designed to meet seven broad objectives:
- Increase efficiency and competitiveness of agriculture on the island;
- Promote the generation, adaptation and adoption of appropriate and improved technology;
- Expand the productive production and commercial base;
- Rationalize the use of land in the country;
- Improve food security in the country;
- Generate new employment opportunities and income generation in rural areas;
- Protect, conserve and ensure sustainable use of natural resources.
|Classification||Emergencies and natural resources, Production conditions, Production, Post-production|
|Date||2008 - 2015|
Promote economic development, generate employment and improve the lives of rural communities.
Objectives and actions
The policy seeks to promote economic development, create jobs and improve the viability of rural communities.
- The right to food in Saint Lucia
- FNS governance scheme and policy articulation in Saint Lucia
- Saint Lucia: List of policies, plans and strategies
- Saint Lucia: Program list
- View policies, plans and strategies by category: