Plan Stratégique National de Nutrition 2013 - 2018
The Haitian government’s plan aims to improve the nutritional status and health of the population, particularly of vulnerable groups: pregnant women, nursing mothers and children under 5 years of age. It also seeks to strengthen strategies to fight the scourge of malnutrition and micronutrient deficiency. It has the following strategic areas:
- Prevention of malnutrition.
- Addressing nutritional diseases.
- Nutritional protection in case of emergency.
- Improving information systems in nutritional matters.
- Intra- and inter-ministerial coordination and inter sectoral.
- Research and training in nutrition.
|Classification||Health and nutrition|
|Date||2013 - 2018|
Strategic priorities and objectives
The general population, particularly vulnerable groups: pregnant women, nursing mothers and children under 5 years of age.