A National Strategy for Agriculture in Guyana
The strategy of the Ministry of Agriculture states that the vision for 2020 is that agriculture is the vehicle for sustainable economic and social prosperity. It is based on 5 strategic approaches to agriculture:
- Food security - Strengthening the end of hunger in Guyana, ensuring that everyone has enough food in each community.
- Make fiber and nutritious food accessible by citizens - nutrition security for all.
- Fuel production - Helping the development of alternative fuel sources, reducing dependence on fossil fuels and creating a bio-energy industry in Guyana.
- Cosmetics and health products - An agro-processing industry to create a new industry in Guyana.
- Furniture and crafts - An industry that is expected to grow in Guyana.
|Classification||Production conditions, Production|
|Date||01.01.2013 - 12.12.2020|
Agricultural sector in general.