National Poverty Reduction Strategy 2011 - 2015
It contains social, macroeconomic and structural policies and programs that will be implemented over the next five years (2011-2015) to promote growth, reduce poverty and improve living conditions. The strategy is based on five pillars of action:
- Growth and income generation.
- Expanding employment opportunities and income generation for the benefit of the most vulnerable.
- Modernizing social protection and increased resilience of the most vulnerable.
- Good governance and public sector management.
- Build resilience through environmental sustainability.
This national strategy for poverty reduction therefore has the potential to improve access to food for low-income households, increasing their income through increased access to employment and new opportunities for income generation, and guarantee more effective social protection to the most vulnerable segments of the population.
|Country||Antigua and Barbuda|
|Classification||Production conditions, Income, Emergencies and natural resources|
|Date||2010 - 2014|
Reduce poverty and vulnerability to poverty by involving the most vulnerable to approaches which contribute to improving their skills for their own development.
Most vulnerable population of Antigua and Barbuda.
- The right to food in Antigua and Barbuda
- FNS governance scheme and policy articulation in Antigua and Barbuda
- Antigua and Barbuda: Sectoral laws in
- Antigua and Barbuda: List of policies, plans and strategies
- Antigua and Barbuda: Program list
- View policies, plans and strategies by category: